Who We Are
Fusion Fight Gear was created by a couple of Canadian Fitness and BJJ enthusiasts.
Initially inspired by Royce Gracie as he choked out Dan “The Beast” Severn with a triangle choke at UFC 3 back in 1994, we realized that he was the closest thing to a real life super hero that there could possibly be. This one brief moment in time set all of the wheels in motion, and started the martial arts revolution.
We realized early on in our BJJ careers that we were never going to be World Champs, but that training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu could enhance our lives on many different levels.
When we’re not busy training, watching Marcelo Garcia You-tube videos, or trying to berimbolo our family members, we enjoy attending comic book conventions, scouring vintage toy stores, or traveling around the world training BJJ.
We truly love this brand, as it comes from within us, and we sincerely hope that you do, too!
The Concept of Fusion FG
After countless hours spent in the lab working away like mad scientists (think Lizard from Spider-Man infamy), we have at long last created the perfect blend of uber-high quality BJJ and fitness apparel, and cross-pollinated it with our favorite officially licensed pop-culture characters and brands that you’re sure to recognize and love.
Ever thought what it would feel like to beat up a man in a rubber lizard suit using judo chops and shoulder throws like Captain Kirk? Or how about tossing a fireball at a giant green mutant on the streets of rural Brazil like Ryu from Street Fighter? What about kicking Daniel Larruso’s ass in a cage fight while Mr Myagi can do nothing but watch helplessly from his corner?
Well, we can’t really offer anything like that, but what we can offer you is;
- Best in class officially licensed grappling gear with kickass designs that will help take your BJJ and MMA game to new heights. (Our gear, combined with countless hours of training and thousands of repetitions.)
- The concept of Fighting Your Fight, whatever that fight may be! Overcoming adversity, which can be in the gym, at work, in business, or at home.
What Makes Us Different?
This is first and foremost a FUN brand. We try not to take ourselves too seriously like some of the other MMA brands out there that are chalk-full of daggers, dragons, and skulls (although we do appreciate the sequins).
What you will find from us is highly collectible BJJ, fitness, and grappling gear inspired by the worlds of Sci-Fi, cult movies and tv shows, comic book heroes and villains, video games, cartoons, action figures, fantasy, and pop- fiction in general.
Our mission is to enhance the training experience of martial artists and athletes by creating fun, officially licensed gear that will highlight their individuality and give them the power to “fight their fight”.
But I don’t train MMA or BJJ. Can I still buy this gear?
Of course you can! Our gear is overbuilt to withstand the stresses of the daily grappling grind (pun intended), but is also perfect for wearing to the gym, running, surfing, OCR, cross-fit, hockey, football, and the list goes on. Basically, any activity where sweating is involved!
Why buy Officially Licensed?
We get asked this question a lot, and think that it’s a great question. There are a few reasons to pay a little more and support officially licensed merchandise;
- Quality. First and foremost, the quality of officially licensed merchandise is “generally speaking” better than pirated merchandise. There are exceptions to this, of course, but in general, this is the case. Our product goes through a rigorous process prior to landing on store shelves. Factory audits and inspections, as well as sample reviews by the licensors at every stage of the process are all part of controlling the quality.
- Authenticity. Fusion FG designs are legitimate, and straight from the original source. The artwork is generally taken straight from the original comics or original movie posters, etc. Very often, a portion of the licensing fees make their way back to the original artist.
- Collectability. Our product is highly collectible as it’s manufactured with very limited production runs. Just like comic books, baseball cards, or Star Wars action figures, most people don’t want a reprint or a bootleg version (unless of course it’s a rare Turkish Uzay Blue Snowtrooper.)